Uccp 71ST Anniversary Celebration
Saturday May 25, 2019
Union Theological Seminary Dasmarinas, Cavite
Significance & Objectives
1. Loyal and committed UCCP leaders and members are standing strong on the 71st, pursuing greater unity and living out the mission for justice and peace in these challenging times.
2. Celebrating the 71st anniversary will show forth UCCP’s resilience in the midst of challenges and attempts to divide the Church.
3. Church constituency both the laity and clergy from the local, conference, jurisdictional and national levels will participate as manifestation of their unwavering support to the program ministries and the leadership that they have democratically chosen to lead the church towards the future and providing direction for responsible, sustainable and shared stewardship development.
4. The 71st and moving forward to the 75th the Diamond Jubilee is a step towards making the UCCP responsive to the needs of the local churches, raising the level of competence of church leaders and witnessing to the love of God in Christ through its teaching, preaching, healing and stewardship programs,
1. The 71st anniversary celebration will accentuate the seven decades long of positive evolution and constructive transformation of the UCCP as a Church;
2. It will firm up the resolve that the mission of the Church has its locus in the local church and being supported by the higher judicatories and sustained by the power of the Holy Spirit;
3. It will encourage more local churches and conferences to meaningfully celebrate the 71st anniversary in the backdrop of their unique culture and history that provides color and radiance in their festivities.
The Liturgical Celebration
1. The Liturgical celebration for the 71st Anniversary celebration will take place at Union Theological Seminary (UTS) beginning 9:00 A.M. until 12:00 noon at the Salakot chapel as the launching chancel and the entire UTS Oval Park for the congregation to occupy as mono-block chairs will be arranged there. A festive mood for liturgical gathering will be created by the various delegations from all over the country. The festive and colourful mood will begin from outside the worship center where jurisdictional and conference delegations can wear their variegated colourful or colour coded shirts and with their prepared chants. They can prepare and bring their anniversary tarpaulin with suggested dimensions of 4’x6’ ft. These will be hang on designated places in the Oval Park.
2. Liturgical movement will be in various creative forms. Bishop Erme R. Camba is the 71st anniversary speaker. For other parts of the celebration, the Seven Hundred and Ten (710) Voices Choir will be organized from the nearby Conferences and will be directed by Dr. Debbie Reyes. Also the Manila Concert Choir with Secretary Leonor Magtolis-Briones as president, Ms. Rachel Visaya, director and Ms. Agape Manigsaca-Labuntog as their accompanist will sing several songs. Dr. Ferdinand Anno and Dr. Rommel Linatoc head the Anniversary Liturgy Committee and groups like Teatro Ecumenical, Teatro Shema, Teatro UCCP and others are invited to provide more color and texture to the liturgical movement of the anniversary celebration.
3. The KV Kids children’s Choir will also be invited to sing “Misyon” and to have the presence of the talented new generation of UCCP members. The Rev. Juliet Solis-Aguilar, UCWO President, coordinates the group.
4. Welcome greetings from the UTS President Rev. Dr. Eleazar Fernandez, Conference Minister of Upland Cavite Conference, and the South Luzon Jurisdictional Bishop
5. 71st Anniversary Remarks on the Celebration by Bishop Melzar D. Labuntog, General Secretary 6. Solidarity greetings from national partners like the NCCP, IFI, UMC, ECP etc. and from overseas partners will be requested. Those who could come in person will be given the chance to deliver their greetings at 2 minutes each, the maximum.
THE UCCP UNSUNG HEROES
The Unsung Heroes Award is the highest award given by the UCCP General Assembly to church members who have distinguished themselves in their respective fields of church ministries, and thereby serving as models of inspiration in pursuing Christ’s mission and ministry.
UNSUNG HEROES AWARD IN PUBLIC SERVICE to DR. EDWIN T. BALAKI
for his consistent pursuit of excellence as student, educator, researcher, scientist, and administrator which earned him honor, awards and recognition from government, civic organizations, and educational institutions; for his inventions and innovations in the field of agriculture and technology, which helped improve the lives of farmers in many communities; for his outstanding leadership as President of Southern Christian College and bringing it recognition as the biggest academic institution, in terms of population, in Midsayap; and for his stewardship of the environment and management of material resources, which brought Southern Christian College to a high level of self-reliance and sustainability.
UNSUNG HEROES AWARD IN TEACHING MINISTRY to DR. PRESENTACION BARTOLO
for the passion and commitment with which she carried out her task as a CEO of a church educational institution; for her visionary leadership which helped transform Kalinga Christian Learning Center into Saint Tonis College and what it is today; for her pursuit of excellence that manifests in the academic achievement of students and the recognition accorded its graduates; for her efforts in the area of rural and agricultural development which helped improve the living conditions of many indigenous communities, especially women and children; thereby contributing significantly to the educational ministry of the United Church of Christ in the Philippines.
UNSUNG HEROES AWARD IN ECUMENICAL WORK to DR. FEDELINDA TAWAGON
for her visionary leadership as President of Dansalan College Foundation, Inc. in a multi-cultural and multi-religious Marawi City, which has been historically wrought by violent wars and conflicts; for her consistency in the pursuit of excellence that brought Dansalan College recognition as a premier Christian institution in the province of Lanao, manifested in the academic achievement of students, the outstanding performance of graduates in government, private institutions, civic groups and international organizations, and the attention given to research and analysis of issues and concerns surrounding Muslim-Christian relations; for her stewardship of material resources, which enabled the college to expand its programmes and services and achieve a level of self-reliance and sustainability; for her courageous leadership during and in the aftermath of the Marawi Siege, which caused the total destruction of Dansalan College and the displacement,entrapment, and hostaging of personnel; for her fierce determination to work during the difficult period of transition from Ground Zero towards recovery and reconstruction which inspired courage and hope; and for making Dansalan College a symbol of a critical Christian presence in a predominantly Muslim Mindanao.
UNSUNG HEROES AWARD IN COMMUNITY SERVICE to MR. FIDEL M. LOPEZ
for his courageous commitment and fearless efforts in protecting and defending the environment from destruction; for raising consciousness on the ecological degradation of their community and surrounding areas; for his courage in pursuing his advocacy for the environment despite threats to his life and security; for contributing significantly to the pursuit of justice, peace and the preservation of the integrity of creation.
UCCP UNSUNG HEROES AWARD IN HEALING MINISTRY to MRS. ROSA NERI
in recognition of her exemplary dedication and commitment as a volunteer worker for the healing ministry of UCCP Cagayan de Oro for almost three decades; for faithfully discharging her duties with real compassion and efficiency.
UNSUNG HEROES AWARD IN CHURCH MINISTRY to PASTOR MARIA I. IKAN
for her exemplary service as a pioneering missionary in the provinces of Cavite and Batangas; for inspiring others that there is no river too deep to cross and no mountain too high to climb for the sharing of the Good News of Chrit’s love for all for her tireless evangelism that helped in the formation of several local congregations; for inspiring others and serving as a model for many church workers and lay people all over the South Luzon Jurisdiction.
UNSUNG HEROES AWARD IN CHURCH MINISTRY to REV. REYNALDO I. ABAD
for his faithful and exemplary service as a pioneering missionary in Palawan; for his extensive evangelism that gave birth to several local congregations; for his innovations in agricultural technology and safe water to help improve the living conditions of church members and people in surrounding communities; for his leadership in processes that led to the formation of the Palawan Associate Conference; for a lifetime of faithfulness and tireless ministry inspite of age and physical limitation.
For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
Looking for a UCCP Church?
Get in touch with the Jurisdiction nearest you.
North Luzon Jurisdictional Area
42 Bokawkan Road
Baguio City 2600
✆ +63 74 4442624
Middle Luzon Jurisdictional Area
877 EDSA, West Triangle
Quezon City 1104
✆ +632 8663928
Southern Luzon Jurisdictional Area
9 Kaunlaran Road
UP Los Baños
West Visayas Jurisdictional Area
85 Osmeña Boulevard
Cebu City 6000
✆ +63 32 2541410
East Visayas Jurisdictional Area
Bethany Hospital Compound
Northwest Mindanao Jurisdictional Area
113 Capistrano and
Cagayan de Oro City 9000
✆ +63 88 8562478
Southeast Mindanao Jurisdictional Area
UCCP Haran House
Davao City 8000
✆ +63 82 2221337